Emma Beverage

I started this site for my poetry but I can't stay away from sharing my political views, so this soup gets everything!

Friday, January 27, 2006

Finding Others Of Like Mind

During my web surfing this morning I ended up at Slate and read an article written by Adam L. Penenberg concerning Google and the Department of Justice. I was moved enough by the conclusion to his article that I decided to post a reply. I made a copy of what I wrote to share with my readers.

"In the end, it's up to you to protect yourself. If you signed up for Gmail, you had to provide personal information, meaning your searches could theoretically be tracked back to you by cross-referencing them with Google's cookie and your IP address. If you're paranoid, stop using Gmail and regularly delete your cookies. Even if Google promises not to do anything evil with the data it collects, it can't guarantee that the government—which has been handing out subpoenas like they're Pez candy lately—won't be tempted to do evil deeds with it 10, 20, or 50 years down the line. Yahoo! recently turned in a Chinese journalist. Someday, Google might be forced to turn you in."

I agree, it is so important to look at the BIG picture. We do not live in a vacuum in our own little world anymore. Big money operates in countries that have no concern for human rights. Then they try to bring those ideas back to America and force them down the common working folks throats. Wake up America and see how our own human rights are being eroded on many fronts. If we do not find the courage to stand up to those who talk the language of freedom while acting like dictators we will lose all of our rights. This does not mean that I do not love my country. I say this because I do love my country and agree with every principle that our founding fathers fought to give us. I do not want some morally corrupt bigot who has his soul eaten away with the DISEASE OF GREED to rob me of the things that my forefathers gave their lives to give me. FREEDOM should belong to ALL the people not just the folks who have money. Our silence will not protect us. If we do not speak up, actually practice our right to FREEDOM OF SPEECH we will loose it. WE MUST PROTECT OUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY. Every oppressive dictator or bully in the world can come up with JUSTIFICATIONS for their bad behavior. JUSTIFICATIONS for breaking the law, JUSTIFICATIONS for oppressing someone, some class, some race, JUSTIFICATIONS FOR IGNORING OUR CONSTITUTION. It is up to us to stop ENABLING this kind of bad behavior. JUST SAY NO, you can not break the law in my name. Find the courage to be an ARMY OF ONE. It is the only thing that will change the erosion of our FREEDOM in America. If you believe it you can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home