Emma Beverage

I started this site for my poetry but I can't stay away from sharing my political views, so this soup gets everything!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

This Is What That Road Meant

Robert Frost 1874-1963 The Road Not Taken

I was supposed to write a summary for THE ROAD NOT TAKEN a poem written by Robert Frost. As I started writing I realized that it was sounding like a poem, so I let it create itself and this was the results.

Emma Beverage 14 Jul 2005

This Is What That Road Meant

Life is filled with many choices.
We cannot know where they will lead,
but trust that we will take the one
that will bring us into the sun.

Each time we choose a way to go,
we leave behind all other roads.
For every yes, there is a no.
And who can say where yes will go.

Though we sometimes
wish we could change,
go back again to choose once more.
In vain we wish to rearrange
The results of the choice we made.

In truth, once we have made our choice
There is no turning back, my friend.
We can never return - again.
To that moment, we made our choice.
So take your medicine, and grin
It is, as it is and that is,
all that it is!