Emma Beverage

I started this site for my poetry but I can't stay away from sharing my political views, so this soup gets everything!

Friday, July 08, 2005

Do the Wealthy Pray?

A moment, freeze dried,
In the eye of my soul.
Heaven branded
into my memory.
Erase my mind
Like a blackboard now


My life in shambles.
Leaving dust, litter, chaos
Wind blowing sand
Filling my mouth, nose, ears.
gritty, blinded
I can’t find my way.

I struggle in vain.
Wind blows sand, without rain.
No strength to fight,
surrender to bitter
wind, wind, wind, wind.
wait for tempest end.

Prayers from my lips.
guide and protect me too.
Don’t leave me down.
With weary eyes I see
my companions.
are beaten and worn.

Life’s not been easy.
each has a cross to bear.
heed our prayers.
All is lost but our faith.
I listen to
each poor soul praying

Hearing words of faith
Bless everyone we meet.
Where is this God?
Can He hear these people?
And answer not?
Do the wealthy pray?