Emma Beverage

I started this site for my poetry but I can't stay away from sharing my political views, so this soup gets everything!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mother is Delighted

3/13/01
By: Caroline Emma Beverage


Happiness is in the air
I see her dancing everywhere.
Across the tall golden grasses
Creating waves as she passes.
The grass folds down and up again
As the wind whorls, the grasses bend.
Her kisses gentle and warmly done
Come from her brightly shining sun.
Then she wipes them from my skin
With her embraces of gusty wind.
I quietly watch the clouds blow by
Then I see a twinkling eye.
I see a face and yet another
This fleeting art by The Great Mother.
With a start, I begin to see
Each heavenly face is laughing with glee.
Mother is delighted that I found her key
That she so cleverly hid within me!
So she sends her laughing faces
In the clouds, of all the places!
To let me know that I’ve done her proud
I see it in each passing cloud.