Emma Beverage

I started this site for my poetry but I can't stay away from sharing my political views, so this soup gets everything!

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Mayor Pro Tem Delia Garza's expenses questioned | KVUE



Regarding the upcoming elections in Austin: I have spent the whole day researching Laurie Eiserloh and Delia Garza for County Attorney. They both seem to be very qualified. They both belong to minority groups which makes me 'assume' that they would be less likely to discriminate against other groups of people. I know it does not always work that way. Eiserloh is gay and Garza is a member of the Latina community. Eiserloh did make climate change one of her issues and Garza was addressing poor and poverty issues. That does not mean that they did not both support these issues but those were the issues they chose to talk about. During one of the debates Eiserlow stated how much more experience she had than the other candidates. Garza dismissed that idea but in a video a few years earlier Garza had used that identical argument for herself. Not a big drawback but when both candidates are very qualified it sometimes comes down to character. Then I watched this video. I don't know about you but we have so many people in office today who lie, cheat and manipulate that I don't want to support anyone who is willing to do anything which could cause their integrity to be called into question. I am posting this to help the informed voter so you do not need to research as hard as I had to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home