Emma Beverage

I started this site for my poetry but I can't stay away from sharing my political views, so this soup gets everything!

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Missouri protests and campus racism: A professor's point of view









I like that he says that feminist have a very similar experience. Not an
identical experience but a similar experience. I have always known this
although I have had people try to put me down for saying it. As an
"out" lesbian feminist my life experiences were even more similar!
Because the hatred of lesbians was socially acceptable in my day. So my
life experiences are not identical but they are similar enough so that
has he describes his road, I definitely recognize the road signs! The
difference between us, is that black people can not hide their color but
I as a lesbian could bite my tongue and try to avoid saying things that
would reveal who I really was. That would work for a few weeks or
sometimes a few months but since I could never go so far as to try to
play straight games, like flirting with the men, I could not hide for
very long. He is giving very sound advice that applies to lesbian
feminist and feminist also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home